Had an off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janm399

Veteran
I had an off this morning :tongue:. It had nothing to do with the icy roads, though. I was simply going down to the cellar to fetch my bike. I put on my shoes before going down the stairs -- something I never do -- but I thought nothing of it. On the third step, the slippery carbon soles slipped and I tumbled down. I ripped my nice tights and have a nice bruise on my thigh and knee. Grr!
I cleaned up, took out the emergency sowing kit and made my way to work. I guess it'll get pretty sore soon.

Tynan

Veteran
silly arse, road shoes and steps really don't go together do they

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
We've all done the 'Fred Astaire' in the cycling shoes at some point. Virtual tea and bag of peas on the bruises.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
My worst cycling injury was when I was climbing some stairs in wet trainers on thick carpet with the MTB on my shoulder.
I missed a step and slipped forwards, the front wheel hit the stairs and bounced back spinning the handlebars which smacked me in the forehead splitting it open, blood everywhere!
I was near the top of the flight too it was just lucky I kept my footing and didn't go down backwards with the bike on my arm!:biggrin:

My sympathies.:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Road shoes and stairs..oh no...silly ar$e !!!!!

Not that I've walked down stairs with a bike on my back and road shoes on (at work) - oh no I'd never do that......:laugh:

Top Bottom