Hail Rash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Miserable ride home last night. Was OK until I stopped to pick up some groceries from the supermarket.

Got back onto the canalside for the final mile home. Suddenly the wind built up in that manner that means that you are going to get absolutely soaked. Only it turned into hail, and blew my glasses off.

Which left me beside the canal in a very dark spot desparately looking for my glasses using my bike light, whilst the hail hammered down on my bare arms. On the positive side, I found them, and unbroken too. However by the time I got home I was soaked through to the skin, and was having trouble looking through my glasses as the lights were causing glare on the raindrops on both surfaces.

Got home and had a lovely warm shower, but noticed a load of red spots on my arm. Was worried momentarily that I had got chicken pox or measles or something. Until I twigged that it was from the hail.

Ouch.

Shoes and top still not dry this morning.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bare arms? :ohmy:

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Quite warm yesterday. If it is above 5°C, then I go for shorts or short sleeves. I didn't know about the hail.

Also short sleeves means that if it is really wet, I can put a coat on top and not boil to badly. Only since I was nearly home, I didn't bother to get the coat out. And by the time I had found my glasses it was too late anyway.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I know that you're another midlander and I see you call 5c warm like me, but bare arms in January is just nuts, for this reason and more! Get the thin covering on until March!

Scrunched newspaper in the shoes by the fire or an index radiator, too.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Here is the rash in all its glory:

IMG_20200113_182518491[1].jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Quite warm yesterday. If it is above 5°C, then I go for shorts or short sleeves. I didn't know about the hail.

Also short sleeves means that if it is really wet, I can put a coat on top and not boil to badly. Only since I was nearly home, I didn't bother to get the coat out. And by the time I had found my glasses it was too late anyway.

Not on your nelly. I'm not one that feels the cold but I do want to preserve my bones for cycling into old age so I cover up when the temps are below 10°.

Reactions: C R
I was luckier, to be only about 200 yards from home when that lot came down last night.

Top Bottom