Halfords Price Match / Cycle 2 Work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
I'm sure they'll match the full price paid for the bike.....

Which doesn't help you much, because although you don't pay all of it, the retailer does get the full price - which is the amount Halfords would match.

Besides who wants to buy a bike from Halfords when there are alternatives.

OP
OP
E

ed_o_brain

I don't think I explained myself very well in the first post.

I've opted into my employers cycle2work scheme which is run by Halfords. Halfords sell the bike I'm going to buy *cough*. However, an alternate retailer within 20 miles of a Halfords store is selling the bike for £81 less.

Halfords do have a price matching policy. I just wanted to know if there were any exemptions from it in buying a bike through their cycle2work scheme.

Thanks
Ed (also in Manchester)

skwerl

they probably have a small print that price matching only applies to 'normal' over the counter sales, ie not cycle2work
kick up a fuss and they might though. especially if you suggest that you have a lot of influence over your company's decision on which scheme it chooses - eg "I'm head of my company payroll/benefits dept"

redjedi

Über Member
When I got my bike throught the Evans scheme, I didn't even mention it until I came to pay and then whipped out my C2W voucher.

If it's the same with Halfords, then it's just like a gift voucher. Get them to match the price then when you're at the till give them the voucher.

Top Bottom