Hall green to Redditch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LloydMids

Hi everybody.
I have a new job in Redditch and I thought I'd try the route out on my bike, using the 'Komoot' app. It was extremely hilly and full of country lanes half submerged in water. It was the most difficult 12 miles I think I've ever done.
Do you know of any good cycle routes (roads preferrably) between Hall green and Redditch please?

Thank you.

Chris S

Legendary Member
It sounds like you went along Icknield Street (with the llamas?). The only alternative that I know is the A435 which has motorway-speed traffic from Wythall onwards.

Last edited:
Good eveing,
Not really :laugh:

I've been doing Worcester to Redditch for a couple of years and last Friday was bad for submerged roads, I normally only see them that bad about 5 days a year so the worst may be over for this year.

If the OP is confident that they are going to stay in the job then an ALe/Orbea D50 ebike may help, but they are quite expensive in comparison with the train fare. With a 25 mile round trip it should be okay to lean on the battery quite a bit though.

Bye

Ian

Chris S

Legendary Member
By train? Hall Green Station to Redditch cycling at either end?

They're on different lines. You'd have to get the train from Hall Green to Moor Street, walk/cycle to New Street and then get another train out to Redditch.

I used to get the train to Redditch about 30 years ago. If it was running late they would send it back to Birmingham once it got to Longbridge. You'd then have to wait there for the next train to continue your journey. I put up with this for a couple of months and then bought a car.

Top Bottom