Happy Birthday Billy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
My favourite is 'The Jobbie Weeker'

Brandane

Legendary Member
I saw him once. I didn't find him particularly funny.

Ok he was pushing a luggage trolley through an airport when I saw him, so as he was off duty I'll let him off.

Also met him off duty once, when he was filling his Land Rover with petrol near Aberdeen. He was less than sociable, and has that reputation for not being particularly friendly once the cameras aren't pointing at him. Seems to have forgotten where he came from. But happy birthday anyway, ya nobber....

Slick

Guru
Also met him off duty once, when he was filling his Land Rover with petrol near Aberdeen. He was less than sociable, and has that reputation for not being particularly friendly once the cameras aren't pointing at him. Seems to have forgotten where he came from. But happy birthday anyway, ya nobber....

Obviously everyone's experience is different, but I met him one Saturday afternoon in a back lane in the city centre, and he was passing out notes to homeless guys.

He was never my favourite, but I thought a lot m9re of him when I saw that.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Most famous or well known people passed of that era through our shop at some time. He came in with his wife whose name I cannot remember and my wife was in charge at that time. She was never overawed by anybody but said he seemed ok and pleasant.
Most did not want adulation and were pleased to be treated the same as everyone else.

Slick

Guru
Most famous or well known people passed of that era through our shop at some time. He came in with his wife whose name I cannot remember and my wife was in charge at that time. She was never overawed by anybody but said he seemed ok and pleasant.
Most did not want adulation and were pleased to be treated the same as everyone else.

Pamela. :okay:

Top Bottom