Happy Christmas from Down Under

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
G'day all! :rofl:

Not been able to get on the net much, nor been able to keep my blog going (or even start it ) but it will appear at some stage.

Took 16 days (with three rest days and a couple of 'soft' days) to get from Sydney to Melbourne following the coastal road as much as possible.

Plenty of big hills, hot temperatures and headwinds ALL the way.

Met some recumbent riders and had a go and was surprised at how much fun it was.

Been staying with me best mate just outside Melbourne and will head on (hopefully) to Adelaide early next week. Will spend Boxing Day at the MCG watching the Aussies against the Pakistanis.

It is VERY hot here and due to the heat and raging bush/forest fires will have to change my plans.

If I can get a job at the Tour Down Under as a marshall/steward/cleaner then I will, otherwise I plan on flying to Brisbane and cycle down to Sydney in time for my 50th! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year.

I'll be in touch as and when! :rolleyes:

Dayvo

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Good to hear from you Dayvo. :rofl: Merry Christmas.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Glad you made the first leg okay. Good on yer, mate.

How's the bike going? Did the boys sort it out okay?

I think Chris is going to the TdU too.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I wondered where you were, clearly missed all the news, being lost in maternity.

Happy Christmas. Have a wonderful day and take care. Roast a chook, throw another shrimp on the barby and mind all those spiders!

:rofl:

Good to hear from you! Big difference in temperatures between here and there then. -11C here!

Keep us posted when you can and have a good 50th when it comes (oh and a happy Christmas!):rolleyes:

Top Bottom