Happy dad but unhappy at Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
It's taken me 13 years but I've finally persuaded my youngest that cycling isn't such a bad thing after all. We went in to our local decathlon, bike and good service before, to look for middle ones birthday bike and ended up buying one for each of them.

Unfortunately the set up on both leaves a lot to be desired. Boys bike brakes squeal like a trapped banshee - so much for toeing them in. Girls bike is far worse, one of the V brake mounts is cross threaded so they just left the retaining bolt off completely!!!! Good job she's new to this cycling lark and hadn't taken the bike out bombing down the local hills as soon as she got hold of it.

It'll be going back first thing later today for a new bike, they can then fettle the crossed threads at their leisure.

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's disappointing. You should get good service from the shop, they seem to employ intelligent staff who they train well.

JJ.

Regular
I'm glad that they sorted it for you, I had my new bike from Decathlon (Giltbrook). I had a concern regarding my rear gears but they rectified it without hesitation (adjustment) as soon as I returned with the bike, Nothing was too much trouble as they checked the entire bike once more.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Sounds like they do have staff who know who to retain customers after an initial purchase, a happy customer is a customer for life. I really dislike stores where after the initial big spend they couldn't give a crap.

In other words:
Glad they replaced with no issues.

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
A quick update since the thread has revived. both bikes giving good service and enjoying the warm weather. I agree with the above, even with this blip in set up, good value bikes and far more good than bad with Decathlon generally.

with things like this, yes the problem shouldn't exist, but it's how the issue is handled and resolved

Top Bottom