Happy Lockdown Anniversary!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tenkaykev’s birthday today, last years one coincided with the introduction of lockdown. Curry and beer on the menu tonight 🍺🎂

Drago

Legendary Member
Clearly you don't really 'want' to do much then?

Bliss.
I do plenty. I start 6 out of 7 days with 45 minutes on the weights. Then there daily Cycling (of course), shooting, im a musician and producer, a kayaker, a search and rescue volunteer, a dog owner, a walker, an amateur meteorologist, an avid reader, and all sorts of other stuff.

The only activity that has been completely knocked on the head is shooting as the ranges are closed. I could still shoot clays alone, but being out without a good excuse is frowned upon at the moment, and to do so with a shotgun in the boot is even worse, not worth risking a covid fine or having my licence pulled.

Playing with the band and practicing together has stalled, but we still practice and work together via Bandlab, and I still practice a couple of hours a day. The online practice and mixing has actually opened up new avenues for us and we are aiming to self publish our own album this year, so while one aspect of our band has stopped another has opened right up.

SAR work is uninterrupted, and I have a nice letter from the DCC of Warks dibble telling to whom it should concern that if I am out and about for the purposes of SAR work or essential training then I am exempt from the covid travel and stay-at-home regs, so ive been just as busy as ever at that.

So I do plenty, and covid has made very little difference to any of it, other than shooting and weekends away in the motorhome. Hell, I didn't even have to take a 20% pay cut to stay at home like the poor folks on furlough.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
For most it's been a year. My anniversary of this was 8th March, when my doctor decided I was to be classed as vulnerable and needed to stay home for a bit. My work panicked and here I've been (most of the time) since then.

In some way it's been a chance to slow down: we've had 5 years of my son's racing, with another at university. Supporting the racing/training is very time-consuming and in a way it's been a good opportunity him and myself to re-evaluate things.

Racing should be re-starting soon with him having a closer focus on exactly where to improve/develop rather than it being just another 4-500 miles and several events in a week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom