Has anyone registered their bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I mean as an anti-theft measure? Did you have to take it to the police station? Maybe I should get mine registered. Where is the 'frame number' on most bikes??

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Under the bottom bracket.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Maz said:
I mean as an anti-theft measure?
Yep - although it's more a post-theft recovery measure really
Did you have to take it to the police station?
No, registered online at immobilise.com

I did get the bike property marked at a Police event locally though. (Although this is just writing your post code on with a UV visible pen - clear sticker goes over the top to protect from the weather).

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Maz said:
Thanks, JTM.
And, yes, it's a post-theft recovery measure, of course.
If you've a decent community Police team locally, it may be worth having a word. Ours don't recommend the "Immobitag" system (readers are bulky and too expensive to be widely available to them, although GMP does have a few).

They do all carry portable UV lights, and will check bikes on the spot if there's probable cause, (they have access to immobilise's database) so they do recommend property marking and registering with immobilise.

ChrisKH

Guru
Me, same as JTM. Might be worthwhile contacting your police community liaison officer to see if they are doing this in your area. Immobitag actually costs £3-5 to do privately but our local police force do it for nothing. Worthwhile, even if they drop your bike whilst doing it. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom