Have Blackberry will travel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoof

Hi guys sorry it's Monday again.

I hope you had a good trip in today.

While you are having a coffee can you give some thought to my prob.

I always bike with a paper map, but I go off and on road.

I never get lost; just occasionally, temporary unsure of my precise position.

Got a Blackberry with Sat Nav running OS 6 and use Google maps, but every time I need them no 3G.

Do I need in-bedded Maps?

As you know on the road, battery life is Paramount, so all I need is occasional spot-checks, then refer back to the paper map.

Blackberry don’t seem to have a suitable an app!

So, what is your best Idea?

Errrr ... it's still Sunday where I am. Unless I slept a lot longer than I thought i did this morning.

It's got GPS though, right? Why not just download one of the many compass/geotag apps to give you a grid reference.

OP
OP
Zoof

Zoof

It's got GPS though, right? Why not just download one of the many compass/geotag apps to give you a grid reference.

To do that crackle I would have to open the map out, because the grid reference's
are at the edge of the page. I use a 1 250 road map a big map.
Then trace out north & south to get my position.
Then orientate the map with my Compass, to make sure of Left & Right.

Now imagine you are on a Welsh mountain it's pissing down.
The temperature is 7c hypothermia is setting In, & the wind is gusting up to 60 miles an hour.
If I spread out the map it would be in Caemarfon long before me.
I need a map a visual Image, to keep in my minds eye, so I
can transfer it over to my tightly folded map in a waterproof holder,
it's survival Man; this has happen more than once!

Zoof

:smile: You on a bike Zoof or is Zoof on the hoof? Anyway I suspect you're stuffed, that being the simple answer though you might want to take a look at Openstreetmap as you can download the maps or portions of them but whether you can then get it to work with your GPS, I don't know. There's also Co-pilot but I'm not sure they do that in Blackberry flavours. Hold tight, someone might heave into sight with an answer.

OP
OP
Zoof

Zoof

:smile: You on a bike Zoof or is Zoof on the hoof? Anyway I suspect you're stuffed, that being the simple answer though you might want to take a look at Openstreetmap as you can download the maps or portions of them but whether you can then get it to work with your GPS, I don't know. There's also Co-pilot but I'm not sure they do that in Blackberry flavours. Hold tight, someone might heave into sight with an answer.

Yes I think I will have to round up some Softies, and stick them in a Dungeon till they rewrite cycle maps

I can encourage them by talking about Jesus over a carrot shake (stolen)

cheers Zoof
sad.gif

Top Bottom