Have you ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chilternrides

done something stupid to qualify a disagreement, prove a point etc?

I had a run in with four littering yoofs the other evening on my way home from the railway station;

They were just level with some new-ish flats at the end of my street with me walking behind them, when one of the young ladies nonchalantly lobbed her polystyrene chip carton into the little thicket adjacent to the flats.

“Excuse me, what’s wrong with the bin?” Says I.

“I didn’t see no bin.”

“There’s one there and another one just a little way up the road; how come you can carry half a pound of crap through town, and then all of a sudden when you’ve eaten it all the half-ounce of packaging is too much to carry to the next bin?”

“Oh, I AM sorry.” Replied the sarky moo young lady in question.

Not to be out done, I asked how they would like it if people came chucking rubbish around outside their house?

“We ain’t got an 'ouse." replied the droll young man.

:B) Bastards!

Anyway, to lend credence to my complaint, I then felt I had to pretend that I lived in the flats, which entailed walking into the back of the car park and lurking there until they were out of sight!
:blush:

I shudder to think what the CCTV operator made of it all, inconspicuous as I was in a bright red windproof and full lycra, 5ft 7in and bald as a coot.

Tell me I'm not alone...

Sleeping Menace

Back in 2004, I was walking on the pavement down by Tower hill, on way to the office whilst working in London. Ahead of me, some little peasant decided to toss his can of Tennants on the ground. I barked at him to put it in the bin, which was no more than 2 meters to his right.. he informed me that 'it makes no f__king difference' .. I told him it did, and that it was because of piss-ants like himself that the city always had litter on the streets. just then a hand was on my shoulder from behind me.. and I was told off for 5 minutes by a City of London cop, who reprimanded me for my 'threatening tone' ...
'Yes' he admitted, he'd seen the bloke toss the can on the pavement, but he was far more concerned with the tone of my voice when I told him to pick it up..

At some points, you just wonder why you try.....................

http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org

Cycle related blog entries, including a few 5 minute reviews:
http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org/category/cycling/

Top Bottom