Heads up - Aldi cycle kit reductions - Sunday 14 April 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuy...ementTotalCount=0&secondPlacementTotalCount=0

Multi tools
Wall mount bracket
Saddle/tool bags
Childrens balance bicycles
Various bike pumps
Smart phone holder
Chain brush
Inner tubes - 20", 26", 27.5", 28"- valve type not specified on ad.
Various running clothes/equipment that might be usable for cyclists

I have not done the middle of Lidl/Aldi shop for a few years (covid or missing the sale days and then cursing) it used be be great. Seemingly not so much now, unless they focus more on the Autumn reduction day. Had been hoping for fingerless gloves or some bike jackets with 'tails', both of which have been excellent in the past.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Be aware, I bought a Lidl multi-tool last year, and the chain breaker bent. YMMV, T&CA.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Be aware these are all cheap Chinese so to be expected. I've even had this happen with better quality products.
The old maxim of ' never buy a cheap holds true '. If you want a tool that last buy Park or similar.

Park Tools mini is the one I take on the road.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Had some truly awful Lidl/Aldi stuff (eg Aldi rear view camera/light; Lidl light combo) & also some brilliant stuff (Aldi bike stand; recent Lidl yellow short zip jersey; Aldi waterproof).
I still use Aldi stuff from 15 years ago off road, my Lidl panniers of similar vintage are still used on occasion and my 10 year old multi tool is used more often than my Topeak one.
I would advise looking and handling (without unpacking) to reassure yourself of workmanship, materials etc
DSC_1181~2.JPG

Punkawallah

Über Member
Had some truly awful Lidl/Aldi stuff (eg Aldi rear view camera/light; Lidl light combo) & also some brilliant stuff (Aldi bike stand; recent Lidl yellow short zip jersey; Aldi waterproof).
I still use Aldi stuff from 15 years ago off road, my Lidl panniers of similar vintage are still used on occasion and my 10 year old multi tool is used more often than my Topeak one.
I would advise looking and handling (without unpacking) to reassure yourself of workmanship, materials etc
View attachment 726862

That’s the same design as the one that failed on me - a shift to cheaper materials to keep costs down, perhaps?

I've bought a few things from Aldi and Lidl quite recently which have been pretty good . Some were reduced so I got a bargain.I bought some thermal leggings and top which I found kept me warm. I bought a cycle work stand which was reduced, it seems sturdy enough but I haven't used it yet. I bought a set of cheap twist drills from Lidl and found that they were very sharp, I haven't broken them yet.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It is always a bit of a gamble and I try to look at what the tool/product will be used for and then decide if something made of Chinesium will be up to the task. It is also very misleading as lots of these tools will be made in the same/similar factories and will appear on the shelves under different branding and different prices. I don't mind paying dirt cheap for some tat made of cheese if it's not going to be taking much strain. But more annoying is paying extra (for a different brand) expecting good quality but getting the same cheesey metal.

Top Bottom