Headset re assemble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lookrider

Über Member
I forgot the photo shot and time dwindled by in between dissamble and re assemble
So I am left unsure of placement and orientation of the black "washer "
If it helps I cannot see it being a real snug fit at all anywhere on new bearings nor the old bearings or the fork

If it helps the steerer tube us 28.7mm
The crown race bonded sleeve is 29.7mm
The washer in question is 30.0mm and has a 45° internal chamber on the edge that has the widest OD

I have placed it on the crown race bonded sleeve just fir image purposes and that does seem where it has the best fit ( on the sleeve ) and also of it on the steerer in-between bottom bearing and bottom cup
Where the internal chamber will be on the left edge
Thanks all
 

Attachments

  • 20261006_184638.jpg
    20261006_184638.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20261006_184431.jpg
    20261006_184431.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20261006_182951.jpg
    20261006_182951.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20261006_182858.jpg
    20261006_182858.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 0

Gunk

Guru
Location
Oxford
Pretty sure the black washer goes at the top.
 
OP
OP
L

Lookrider

Über Member
Sorted
After a rummage in nin it appears the black washer is a " race" off the old bearing as seen in photo
And is really surplus to requirements
 

Attachments

  • 1791317227201677451843311879762.jpg
    1791317227201677451843311879762.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 17913172536763030280564109554138.jpg
    17913172536763030280564109554138.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 0
Top Bottom