HeadWind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattR75

Über Member
17 miles of 20mph (according to met office) headwind on my ride in this morning, anyone else have a tough one today?
 
D

Deleted member 35268

Guest
Bit of a headwind for sure, and I'm also sure it will turn 180 for my return ride.
 

Crankarm

Legendary Member
Location
Nr Cambridge
17 miles of 20mph (according to met office) headwind on my ride in this morning, anyone else have a tough one today?

Pah, 30 miles of 35-40mph head wind is a proper head wind, not today as off, but often the case here in the Fen. You got it easy.
 
OP
OP
MattR75

MattR75

Über Member
I got lucky on the way home, wind had increased and it was on my back, got home in no time, 19mph ave speed, sorry no strava just taken from my Garmin
Like my mate's say - when cycling's easy, you've got a tail wind..
 

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
On the plus side, when you complete a commute with head wind all the way, your aching legs at the end are proof you just had a very effective workout! :smile:
 

jarlrmai

Guru
One commute I had the craziest tail wind ever on the way home, I think I averaged 31mph for one section, no-one's beaten those times on Strava since.
 

Jason.T

Veteran
Hate head winds, done a 110 mile sportive in April with torrential downpours and gusts of 40mph head winds all day long
 

jack smith

Guru
Location
Durham
One of my last commutes on the way home the wind was actually blowing me to a stand still despite grinding the lower gears and trying to tuck i could not physically move forward up the slight incline, hopefully the new aero bike will slice through it like butter (not hopefull)
 
Top Bottom