heated insole report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zzpza

interesting! how long until they arrive?

02GF74

Über Member
interesting .... let us know how long they last - from photo of motorcycle they look like they asre for motorcyclists who do not pedal i.e. put a great deal of pressure on their soles - so the "crushing" may kill the elements quite quickly. maybe.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Having put them in and walked around the house they are to tight with anything except thin socks .You can feel the warmth alright but the cables could be a problem if they get caught in the chain............

Convinced Mrs CK to buy me some endura overshoes for an early x mas present and tbh it will take a lot to get through them .

Davidc

Guru
I saw some more upmarket and expensive ones while looking at heated gloves that someone put a link to on another thread (haven't bought either though).

The gloves tempted me after I'd discovered that the battery is self contained, but the cabled setup for the insoles looked very cumbersome.

Fiona N

Veteran
If they're are any good, there will be many skiers, mountaineers and cyclists (and me included) spitting nails as we've bought the Swiss-made version from Hotronics which currently retail for about £100. Admittedly they come with excellent rechargeable batteries and smart charger (and mine have served well for 7 years so far) but even so, rechargeable AAAs and a charger don't cost the earth nowadays.

The Hotronics version is either an insole which replaces the original or a green heater pad (well under 1mm thick) which you can afix to your own insoles, so in both cases no more space in the shoe/boot is taken up than without the heaters.

You soon get used to the battery packs if you mount them securely, low on the outside of the ankle so they don't wobble about as you pedal. I tuck any spare cable into my longs but it's never been a problem.

You'd think they could make some along those lines of microwavable thingies you can buy nowadays.

Top Bottom