Hello all - its snowing in Skye!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donnieban

Hiya,

I'm a cycling enthusiast from Skye. Hoping to do LEJOG next year, with a less ambitious tour to Mull & back this summer/ May.

Meantime, the winter has decided to revisit this morning with a covering of the white stuff and minus 2 overnight...

Projects:
1996 Dawes Galaxy - lovely bike, aquired last year needs driveline replacement.
2008 Trek 520 - nice bike, for LEJOG -needs as above & hope to swap over to trekking bars..

Donnie

snorri

Legendary Member
Errr donnieban, I don't think non residents of southern softie country are allowed to start threads on snow topics. The rest of us are required to accept winter weather without flinching, after all we are used to being snowed in for months on end, aren't we?:thumbsup:

:biggrin:

OP
OP
donnieban

donnieban

You are quite right :thumbsup: It has been mild of late and minus 2 is bordering on tropical for us hards who know what a real winter can be. It's still short sleeve shirt kinda weather for us.:whistle:

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Us southern softies think you deserve all the cold and snow :laugh:

KateK

Aah Skye. Used to spend a week at Glen Brittle in May and climb mountains and go swimming. Used to snow then too. love it. miss it.

G-Zero

Über Member
Welcome Donnie,

Lucky you hailing from such a beautiful place.

Parents retired to Kyleakin in the days of the ferry and spent a good few years there before bottling it and coming back to the NE. One of their biggest complaints, other than midges, was the mild winters !!

I never cycled in the area, but got a few hills in, including a little one out the back of their bungalow (Sgurr Na Coinnich) which to this day, remains one of my favourite hills with stunning views of the bridge being built.

Good luck with LEJOG.

OP
OP
donnieban

donnieban

Thank you for those who responded tongue in cheek or otherwise.

Yes the snows and overnight frost have quickly given way to heavy rain interspersed with long showers - back to normal! You can recognise Skye men by their webbed feet......quack quack.

Skye is stunning but the weather drains the soul - its been a long wet winter... and I'm struggling to find my get up and go - have you seen it?;)

Cheers
Donnie

Top Bottom