Hello all.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

croyde

Good afternoon.

I have had a bike of some kind all my life but apart from a lot of use as a kid, back when I had a Raleigh Chopper Mk2, they have always sat around and have had little use.

I bought a Univega Alpina 501 back in '95 which had sporadic use as a commuter over the years but it was stolen last April and I only got around to replacing it a few weeks ago with a Giant M1 Escape off eBay.

I was tempted to buy new but then it may have spent most of the time in the hedge just like my Univega.

So I have decided to ditch the expensive gym membership and get out and cycle instead.

Last week I started with trips across Wimbledon Common to Richmond Park, a circuit or two and then home again, so that within a week I had done two 15 mile trips and one 20 mile one.

Then last Fri I cycled to Brighton using a map taken off the Net, which kept me away from traffic and allowed me to see some lovely villages, views and pubs, one of which I had a much needed lunch and pint in.

The route was 58 miles and it took me, including stops and lunch, 6 hours which I have to say that I was quite proud of.

I must say that on reaching Brighton Pier, I thought "never again" but by the Sunday I was raring to go on another trip but work has got in the way.

Bike is being serviced today so as long as the weather is not too wet, another trip beckons tomorrow.

Thanks for reading, cheers.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hi Croyde - welcome!
I've had a bike for years, but only got really keen this year. Still not quite addicted enough to go out on wet and horrible days, though!
Spinney

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Croyde & welcome to the site.
Watch out for the esteemed poster BigonaBianchi. He's down Brighton way.... he's also trying to organise a ride (here) for peeps in the area

Crankarm

Guru
Welcome....

Nice to read a cyclist is coming back into the fold. There's no stopping you now. Sussex is beautiful countryside to tour. There are some mega hills around Dorking area :becool: so try and avoid these unless of course you like pain.

Safe cycling.

Top Bottom