Hello Everyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneTen

Hello everyone. I'm returning to cycling after a lay off of around 14 years due to bursitis. I've just ordered a mountain bike for pottering around the lanes and tracks locally and will see how my knees cope. I found this site via Google and it's been very helpful altready, just be prepared for my silly questions.:wacko:

longers

Legendary Member
Hello OneTen,

Enjoy your cycling, steady away eh?

OneTen said:
.. . . . . just be prepared for my silly questions.:biggrin:

Are you ready for the silly answers though? ;)

sheva

OneTen said:
Hello everyone. I'm returning to cycling after a lay off of around 14 years due to bursitis. I've just ordered a mountain bike for pottering around the lanes and tracks locally and will see how my knees cope. I found this site via Google and it's been very helpful altready, just be prepared for my silly questions.;)

I`ve just been diagnosed with bursitis (housemaids knee). Hasn`t kept me off the bike yet, how bad was yours?

OP
OP
O

OneTen

sheva said:
I`ve just been diagnosed with bursitis (housemaids knee). Hasn`t kept me off the bike yet, how bad was yours?
It was agony, in the end I couldn't do one rotation of the pedals. The docs sent me for allsorts of tests but nothing was conclusive, they eventually decided on bursitis.

Danny

Legendary Member
Welcome - some of us have been cycling for years and still manage to ask plenty of silly questions :biggrin:

OP
OP
O

OneTen

Lord of the Teapot said:
.... make sure you do not 'over do' the cycling. :biggrin:
Yeah, I've not got the bike yet and I'm making loads of plans, need a reality check.:biggrin:

Mortiroloboy

Welcome OneTen, Knees,er, Nice to have you here, drop into the cafe for a virtual tea/coffee slice of cake, and a chat about anything that takes your fancy.:biggrin:

Top Bottom