Hello everyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jbw57

Hello,

Jeff here from California, my wife and I recently took up biking, its been 40 years since we both have been on bikes, showing our age here but better late then never :smile: We both ended up going with hybrids, the wife choose a Specialized Ariel Disc and I went with a Trek DS3......this past weekend our LBS was having a huge sale and I just couldn't resist, I ended up bringing home a Felt Z85 and the wife got a Felt VR60.....We really enjoy both types of bikes and their purpose they offer, the hybrids are great for just cruising around on and off road, visiting places, etc. with the roadies for a more serious exercise / workout.

Thanks for reading our next journey in life and looking forward in learning and hopefully can contribute to the forum when I can. Happy Trails to all :cheers:

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome :welcome:. We have a few members from across the pond. I know how you felt getting back on a bike after so long. For me, it was a break of 45 years. Looks to me like you both have the cycling bug again judging by the fact that you both now have 2 bikes each. This cycling lark is quite addictive.:laugh:

OP
OP
jbw57

jbw57

Thanks you all for the nice welcome, much appreciated.....when test riding the many different types of bikes and finally choosing hybrids which we both absolutely enjoy, we thought they would cover every type of riding one could encounter and they have up to a point, however I'm quickly learning its not so much the case......after test riding our recently purchased road bikes I have a better understanding and appreciation for the specific bikes for the specific applications. At this early stage of our newly founded hobby I'm having a blast with both bikes, the hybrids are like a nice big comfy SUV while the roadie is the high performance sports car :biggrin:

Top Bottom