Hello Everyone...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plodder

Hi to everyone here,

Just thought I'd better introduce myself here after a bit of lurking! I have recently just got back onto my bike after a few years of not riding and hell, was it dusty!?! The usual stopped me riding - marriage, kids, own business etc and am looking to get back into the swing of things soon enough.

I am not new to riding; I used to ride The Quantocks Hills in particular (more a lazy downhiller than XC!) every weekend until around 10 years ago when I had to start thinking about responsibility and all that stuff. Throwing myself down The Chimney at stupid speeds with a dependant wife & baby at home and a business to run wasn't the most sensible thing to be doing. Growing up is such a pain!

I still have my (now very much Vintage please stop laughing) Orange 02 which I adapted years ago - with D/H rims, RST forks, Hydraulic brakes, short stem and so on. Feels great to ride but I do get a few looks of 'hmmm, things have moved on since that one, pal'. I don't care, its my baby and it suits me. Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, I used ride with 6 other guys (2 on F/S D/H beasts) and beat them all each time; although my bottle has well and truly gone now - it's all about self preservation now! Oh, the memories of the Cheddar Challenge...

Anyway, I seem to be waffling now - Tonight, back on the bike (road tyres...come on, I has lost all base fitness completely!).

Hope to chat to you all in the future, seems a good place to be here.
Plodder

ACS

Legendary Member
:welcome: :bicycle:

postman

Legendary Member
The Cheddar challenge .Are we talking cheese here Gromit lad .Cos if we are don't forget a bit of Lancashire creamy ,with a cracker of course .

Welcome to the forum .

Top Bottom