Hello from a (not so) Sunny Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mapster1989

Hi All,

James "Mapster1989" Mappin here from Sheffield, South Yorkshire. Hopefully there's more Yorkshire lads (and lasses) lurking in here somewhere.

So, a little bit about myself.

I originally took up road cycling around 2 years ago when I thought it would be a great idea to cycle to work - and never looked back since. I was only doing said commuting to and from work which was only a 6 mile round trip until I started to go out on rides for pleasure.

It was then when I signed up to cycle the London to Paris, which incidentally takes place in August this year, which has given me a good target and I regularly ride most days working my way up to the big challenge.

I ride a Giant Defy 4 at the moment but have my eye on quite a few other bikes ready for the summer.

So that's a little bit about me and hopefully you'll see me around on the forums!

Ciao.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and :welcome:
I wish you well on your challenge. I'm sure you will enjoy it.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mapster1989

Mapster1989

Hey up fella,:welcome:.
I'm North o' Donny in the windswept flatlands!
Was down Sheff yesterday, on Glossop Road and was suprised to see how much snow you still have lying about!
Tell me about it. It's snowing as we speak.
46971_295381763920813_238160946_n.jpg

This was my view coming up the A625 through Froggatt yesterday. The City Centre isn't too bad but as you get into the countryside it's considerably worse, although very picturesque.

I just wish Sheffield wasn't so darn hilly!

This was my view coming up the A625 through Froggatt yesterday. The City Centre isn't too bad but as you get into the countryside it's considerably worse, although very picturesque.

Just had a text off lad I work with showing same, he's in Stocksbridge.

Love them hills mate, you would be miserable as sin without 'em I know I do!

I come from Sheffield, left when I was 18 to go to Uni then back until I was 22. I live near Cambridge, but I miss the hills.
When I lived there I loved going up the hills and back down them, Snake pass was just brilliant, as well as all the hills in Sheffield, but down here its totally different, very few roads to change your route and no hills SNORE!!!

I did the Phil Liggett Peaks challenge and went up Holme Moss it was just fantastic. But just roads like Halifax Road or Bracken Hill near Chapeltown, all just great. I better atop or I am going to get the car out and drive up !!

Enjoy your biking mate

Top Bottom