Hello Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sanny

Hello all
Seeing that I have joined the forum I thought i would say Hello, I have been cycling to work a few days a week for the last year and decide to up it to 4 days 3 weeks ago, but my left knee is giving me some pain now so i think it will be back to 2 days.:tongue:
It is hard work as its a 11+ miles there and the same back:blush:, its mostly cycle paths, start off by cycling alongside a golf course then onto a cycle path next to a military camp and then by the River Tay most of the rest off the way. Scenery and wildlife is great to see:smile: I see a Stag most morning in the same place all the time.lol
Well good to meet you all
I'm off to browse the forum:smile:
Sandy

betty swollocks

large member
Hello Sanny and welcome!
Sounds like you have a wonderful commute and as for the dodgy knee, tell us a bit more about you, your bike and its set-up and we may be able to come up with some suggestions.

Keith Oates

Janner
Welcome to the forum Sanny, hope the knee gets better but as Betty Swollocks said, tell us some more about it and MAYBE we can help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Hi Sanny,

Always good to see fresh faces!
The knee pain could caused by a number of things to do with the set up of your bike and possibly even how your using the gears.

Let us know what sort of bike you ride and someone will be along with all the links to info that you need to get the best and most comfortable ride from your bike.

Keep at it, I wish I had a commute like yours!

OP
OP
Sanny

Sanny

Thanks for the welcome:blush:
First off:
My bike is a Carrera Subway 2 had it for a few years now, great bike btw.
Set up:
Nothing other than Standard.
Knee Pain:
Got a Hard raised lump just under the knee cap(seems to be a little less raised today) and at the back of the knee I have light swelling:sad:, I should say its more of a dull pain than a sharp pain.
Maybe a trip to see a physio is in order.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
Cheers
Sandy

stars.gif

Sandy

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sanny said:
Knee Pain:
Got a Hard raised lump just under the knee cap(seems to be a little less raised today) and at the back of the knee I have light swelling:sad:, I should say its more of a dull pain than a sharp pain.
Maybe a trip to see a physio is in order.

Have you ever taken a knock to the knee at all?
I'd get thee to a physio.
Is the pain a constant while riding or does is creep up after a time in the saddle?

There are any number of things that can cause knee pain, ranging from how hard/fast you are peddling to even the distance between the pedals and the pedal arms, saddle hight etc.

OP
OP
Sanny

Sanny

Never had a knock to the knee that I can think of, tore ankle ligaments many times playing footie though thats why I gave up.lol
I felt it just before the last cyle home and just thought I may have been overdoing it.
I think I'll take a trip to a physio this week just to put my mind at ease(no point in going to the docs as they just look at you as if your stupid for not coming in with a life threatning injury.lol and to be refered to a physio by them will take about 6 years. haha)
To be fairly honest on the bike set up I havent got a clue:wacko:. I have just set the seat height to a position that is comfortable then got on.
Cheers again
Sandy

OP
OP
Sanny

Sanny

Re Knee

Well Peeps
Went to the Doc's today after all, got the Knee checked out and I have no apparent damage to the knee, Cartilage is fine and I have full range of movement through the knee with no pain, seems that I may have been over doing it a wee bit:angry:
So it looks like im going to go back to a few days a week again and try and build it up the distance.
Well I never got a definite answer from the doc about the pain but at least there is nowt wrong with the knee:smile:
Cheers again all
Sandy

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah housmaids knee - just like a ganglion (bible bump).

I used to have one on my right wrist - my mum said what it was, had it confirmed by the doc.... it's a sack of fluid in the tendon sheath and can be painful.

Reason for the 'bible bump' - whack it with a big bible and it bursts and goes down. I didn't quite do that - whacked my wrist on the table... gone.

Came back a couple of times, but the same remedy cured it - never to be seen again..... don't know about knees though

Noodley

Hi sanny, from a fellow Angus dweller. ;)

P.S. If that's you in your avatar pic it looks as if the saddle is set a bit low...