Hello Im new Here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomo

Regular
Hello Everybody

My name is Alan,

I am here after a friend (former pro cyclist) got me into cycling. I have always been interested in cars I love the engineering and beauty of classic machines. I am expecting my first baby and with this I felt a change was needed. I found a old frame on e-bay and fell in love with it. It is a Colnago VIP 2000. I have clean it given it some tlc and rebuilt it with full Shimano Tiagra equipment. I know this is not the best kit around but as a new cyclist I need something easy to use and reliable. Anyway it is fully built and I went out on my first ride yesterday. I love it is beautiful feels great to ride.

I have now got the bug I have found another bargain on e-bay its an old Massi frame set with aluminium tubing and carbon forks. I am not sure exactly what it model name is but hopefully that will be something somebody here can help me with. Its on the stand being stripped down and I will post some pics of the frame before build. The plan is to build it with all campag centaur kit.

I intend to get myself fitter and kick a few bad habits whilst building some lovely classic bikes to ride. I hope to add a Pinarello Paris and a Banchi to my collection soon

I look forward to talking to you all soon

Colnago VIP 2000.jpg
Massi 1.jpg
Massi 2.jpg

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
:welcome: to CC, @Thomo

That there Colnago is a one beautiful looking bike :wub:. You have taste :becool:

A tip for that gorgeous Massi frame... Red tyres and red bar tape (you probably knew this already) Trust me ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thomo

Thomo

Regular
I have red jagwire kit on order for it. I am going to order red tape and red Vitoria tyres. I want the campag centaur kit that is mainly black but has red branding to it. I think that would look lovely and campag is always good stuff.

Any ideas what this frame is called?

OP
OP
Thomo

Thomo

Regular
Yes you can they are rare but you can

Top Bottom