Hello :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just registered for this site (fantastic by the way) and thought I'd say hi.

As you can probably tell by my username, my name is Dave and I'm from Cumbria.
I've enjoyed cycling all my life, but never been one to get out there and do any sort of miles. Recently I've been out on the bike I've owned for literally years and I'm loving it. I own a Dawes Discovery 201 which is ok I suppose since I've replaced the tyres with road ones.
My main motivation is to lose weight and get fit. I'm currently 15.7 st and 5'10". For the last couple of weeks I've been out 3 or 4 times a week and averaging around 20 miles per session with a pace of around 13/14 mph.

It would appear that I have caught the bug!

Just registered for this site (fantastic by the way) and thought I'd say hi.

As you can probably tell by my username, my name is Dave and I'm from Cumbria.
I've enjoyed cycling all my life, but never been one to get out there and do any sort of miles. Recently I've been out on the bike I've owned for literally years and I'm loving it. I own a Dawes Discovery 201 which is ok I suppose since I've replaced the tyres with road ones.
My main motivation is to lose weight and get fit. I'm currently 15.7 st and 5'10". For the last couple of weeks I've been out 3 or 4 times a week and averaging around 20 miles per session with a pace of around 13/14 mph.

It would appear that I have caught the bug!

Remember on your first day of school you looked out for a fellow newbie? Here I am. Welcome and enjoy. :bicycle:

OP
OP
C

CumbriaDave

Hi CumbriaDave :welcome:

Which part of the county are you in?

I'm from Carlisle. I suppose I better update my profile :smile:

Top Bottom