Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kevsullivan

I have just got back into cycling after moving house a year ago and rediscovering my bikes at the back of the shed!! During the summer I decided to sign up for the 2013 Norwich 100,:eek: well it seemed like a good idea at the time. Was going to join a club but the only one that appeals (Iceni Velo, from vising their website they sound like a great club) is based in Norwich which is about 45mile away and understandably all their rides start in or around the City. Is there a West Norfolk CC group that ride regularly and/or ride the Norwich 100? If so do you have room for one more?
If no group already exists are there any CC'ers in or near Thetford who would be interested in starting one?

paul04

Über Member
Welcome to the website. have a look in the CC & Informal Rides and Events part of the forum as there might be a group near you.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Hi and Welcome Kev,
I also am based in West Norfolk (but King's Lynn)..... I ride most weekends with a group of friends (4 of us in total) and you're more than welcome to join us if you can find your way over to Lynn. We cover between 25 - 50 miles usually on the Sunday.....but we are not fast! Usually average about 14 mph - but I recently had to swap to a recumbent and currently scrape in at a little under 12mph.
Also worth joining www.cyclingbuddy.com to find cyclists local to you.

OP
OP
kevsullivan

kevsullivan

Hi and Welcome Kev,
I also am based in West Norfolk (but King's Lynn)..... I ride most weekends with a group of friends (4 of us in total) and you're more than welcome to join us if you can find your way over to Lynn. We cover between 25 - 50 miles usually on the Sunday.....but we are not fast! Usually average about 14 mph - but I recently had to swap to a recumbent and currently scrape in at a little under 12mph.
Also worth joining www.cyclingbuddy.com to find cyclists local to you.

Sounds good, both distance and speeds are what I'm used to. I can't do this Sunday but definately interested for future rides. What time do you usually set off?

Thanks

Kev

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Hi Kev I am stripping my bike down and giving it a full service and spraying the forks so wasn't planning on riding this weekend either.....though may go out on New Years day. We usually set off about 9 ish. Will PM you my mobile number

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Hi Kev, and welcome from another Norfolk CycleChatter :smile:
I just joined Iceni Velo as I know a few members, it is a good club but understand about the distance from home.
Good luck on the Norwich 100, I've done it a couple of times and there'll be a thread on here closer to the time, perhaps check out the previous years threads

OP
OP
kevsullivan

kevsullivan

Hi Kev, and welcome from another Norfolk CycleChatter :smile:
I just joined Iceni Velo as I know a few members, it is a good club but understand about the distance from home.
Good luck on the Norwich 100, I've done it a couple of times and there'll be a thread on here closer to the time, perhaps check out the previous years threads

Thanks, I may still join Iceni as they do seem to be a good club and have lots going on.

Kev

Top Bottom