Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyF

Hi All,

New here so thought i'd say hello. I've not cycled in a long time, but i've recently bought a new road bike and am loving just getting out on it.

For those that are interest i've bought a Planet X Team Alu, which to me is superb.

Rgds

Andy

Willow

there's a number of us doing the same thing as you. I'm hoping to commute to work when my youngest son can cycle to school in Sept. So out on little practise runs at the moment.

soulful dog

Veteran
Hi Andy, and all my fellow newbies.

Unfortunately I can't use my bike to commute, and though I never have and never will be the fittest person around, after nearly a year of very slowly easing myself into getting back on a bike for the first time since I was a kid, I'm really beginning to quite enjoy it. Furthest I've been so far is about 12 miles but I'm pretty happy with that considering how puffed out I was the first time I went out!

Danny

Legendary Member
Welcome - hope you are enjoying your Planet X. Dare I ask how many miles you are doing?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A warm welcome to Andyf and jgulliford. pop into the cake stop at some point and join in the irreverent banter

OP
OP
A

AndyF

The ideal plan would be to do the 13mile commute to the office, but i think i'll have to build up to that, i also work onsite alot so some weeks i may not get in at all.

So far the longest i've done is around 9.5miles which was yesterday, both my seat and legs are suffering today though.

I think i might invest in a Spec Toupe to alleviate some soreness.

Rgds

Andy