Hello!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Just found this forum after searching for 'how to measure your inside leg for a new bike'

Its either new - or i've not been paying attention.

My main cycling interest is touring and self supported camping - what we're calling bikepacking now i guess.
I hail from the South west - where i do day or overnight trips mostly - but longer trips have been in the north of the uk - Yorkshire - Cumbria - and Scotland - which i love - i mean how can you not love a country that has that kind of scenery, and lets you camp where you like?

I'm just getting a replacement for my old ( 12 yr) Giant hybrid - another Giant hybrid - I know not very original - but after looking around at 'Gravel' and 'Cyclocross' I've concluded that its just about perfect for my 80% on road 20% on tracks which is what i do.

Slightly beyond throwing myself down gnarly boulder tracks nowadays - my knees have suffered enough!!

I'm looking towards Europe next for some further adventures - Northern Spain perhaps - Santander to Galicia maybe ?

tom73

Guru
:welcome:

Just found this forum after searching for 'how to measure your inside leg for a new bike'

Its either new - or i've not been paying attention.

My main cycling interest is touring and self supported camping - what we're calling bikepacking now i guess.
I hail from the South west - where i do day or overnight trips mostly - but longer trips have been in the north of the uk - Yorkshire - Cumbria - and Scotland - which i love - i mean how can you not love a country that has that kind of scenery, and lets you camp where you like?

I'm just getting a replacement for my old ( 12 yr) Giant hybrid - another Giant hybrid - I know not very original - but after looking around at 'Gravel' and 'Cyclocross' I've concluded that its just about perfect for my 80% on road 20% on tracks which is what i do.

Slightly beyond throwing myself down gnarly boulder tracks nowadays - my knees have suffered enough!!

I'm looking towards Europe next for some further adventures - Northern Spain perhaps - Santander to Galicia maybe ?
Welcome. Santander to Oviedo over the Picos de Europa is a great ride... helps if you live near Plymouth of course :laugh:

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Welcome. Santander to Oviedo over the Picos de Europa is a great ride... helps if you live near Plymouth of course :laugh:

Thanks for the advice - I do live nearish to Plymouth in fact - or at least a short train ride from it - i 'm thinking about it for an Autumn trip next year .
an extra incentive to get some workable Spanglish.

I go mountain walking in the Pyreness every year too, but lingo opportunities are fairly far and few between - the sheep seem unimpressed with my efforts to communicate :-)

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Welcome. I was down your way doing a 255 mile back to back, 2day light tour / Audax a few weekends ago. Still haven’t recovered from the ‘welcome’ I got walking around Plymouth in my cycling gear after midnight.:bravo:

yes Plymouth is a place apart in so many ways - doesn't really fit with the whole 'country charm' image that the west country is often portrayed as possessing.

Its actually one of the most socially deprived areas in the country.

Although I seldom walk around anywhere in cycling clothes (mainly because apart from shorts and gloves i don't possess any)

As soon as I get off my bike I look like a 'fairly normal outdoors going person' - I prefer that.

Doesn't make much sense for me to dress up like a dayglo beetle in lycra if all my aerodynamics are being squizzled by panniers anyhow .
Speed, in all truth, is not my no.1 aim :smile:

alicat

Legendary Member
Welcome!

Top Bottom