Hello.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bosstang

Hi all,
Having been lurking here for a while i thought I had better sign up and introduce myself.
I have over the last couple of years got back into cycling, I used to cycle with a club years ago, I joined when I was 13 years old and rode with them until my mid 20's, have toured over the UK and abroad - northern France and the Pyrenees. Since then I have been just doing casual mountain biking in the summer months.
A couple of years ago i brought a new mountain bike and started going on regular rides then this summer I brought myself a new road bike and started commuting to work every day since, until it snowed, and weekend rides. Really surprised I got back into road biking after a 15 year break but am so enjoying it.
Also surprised how the cycle industry has changed in the same time, I must be a bit of a dinosaur I guess! So I am slowly learning what compact frame sizing means and compact chainsets I still don't quite get! There is so much more kit available and so many differant types of bike it is really amazing.
Anyway, currently riding a Giant Defy4 road bike which is a really nice ride, always wanted an aluminium road bike years ago! which I have done a few changes to to make it more mine - new shorter stem to lessen the reach a bit and make the steering more responsive and better tyres so they don't puncture so often. My other bike is a GT i-drive 2.0 full suspension MTB, a 2006 model i think, has done Cannock chase more times than I can remember but have not used it as much now I have my road bike but sure I will in the future.
Anyways, hope I can contribute something to this forum as well as learning from it,

cheers,
Bosstang.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
lurk.gif

Hi & :welcome: to CC

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Welcome. Where abouts in Birmingham are you? A group in the South/Black Country area have a regular (monthly or less) trip out into the Worcestershire hills, if you fancy joining us.

OP
OP
B

Bosstang

Welcome. Where abouts in Birmingham are you? A group in the South/Black Country area have a regular (monthly or less) trip out into the Worcestershire hills, if you fancy joining us.

Hi, I am north Brum based but could easily cycle over to meet you guys sometime for one of your rides.

Top Bottom