Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JackT

Hello just registered for the forum.

I've always been interested in cycling and just started thinking about taking it up seriously. I've got a few questions if anyone can help.

I got myself an indoor trainer a few days ago. Yesterday I completed 25 miles in about 76 minutes. After a brief bit of research I see people indicating a 'good' time for 25 miles to be 60 minutes. Is this correct? I think I saw a few records at about 42 minutes.

Trying to break 25 miles in 60 minutes seems like a good goal.

Today I've just completed 22 miles in 60 minutes. I recorded 27 minutes for 10 miles. I've seen a few posts on the internet saying this a good time.

Are these good times for using an indoor exercise bike? Or am I way off the mark? Any help, advice would be great. I'm really interested in getting into cycling seriously if I'm good at it.

Thanks. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Ajay

Veteran
Hey JackT,
welcome to the forum!
Good work on the trainer, it's very difficult to compare stats on indoor machines as there are so many variables eg which bike / trainer /gearing /resistance setting etc. So really it's best to work against your own results and push to improve them.
If you can do 25 miles in an hour on real roads, then you might want to consider entering a few Time Trials or joining a club and applying for a race licence!!

OP
OP
J

JackT

Thanks Ajay, thought that might be the case with indoors compared to outdoors.

Just completed a 10 mile time trial now, just to see how I could do really - pushed myself really hard.

Completed the 10 miles in 24.47 - although this was on an indoor exercise bike again. Going to do another 10 mile speed test tomorrow and see what If I can record the same.

Top Bottom