Helloooooo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SunnyMumma

Cycling makes me smile.
Before letting my kids cycle on the road I researched road safety. I found a few statistics that showed drivers were more aggressive to female cyclists. We wear high vis and have lights on for every journey however bright the day. Drivers are generally very careful around my kids but I have been hit by 2 buses a car and a cab. So when drivers say Sorry, I didn't see you, that is not true.
Wishing you all well, stay safe, happy cycling 🚴

Hello and :welcome:! That's quite a collection of accidents...
I have been on the end of a SMIDSY myself. On a completely empty road, first lockdown, and the driver just eased into me out of a turning, exactly as if I wasn't there. Sigh. I assumed as he knew that everyone was locked up indoors, there was, beyond any doubt, no-one in front of him...

OP
OP
SunnyMumma

SunnyMumma

Hello and :welcome:! That's quite a collection of accidents...
I have been on the end of a SMIDSY myself. On a completely empty road, first lockdown, and the driver just eased into me out of a turning, exactly as if I wasn't there. Sigh. I assumed as he knew that everyone was locked up indoors, there was, beyond any doubt, no-one in front of him...
Thank you for the welcome. Hope you were uninjured 🥺

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Cycling makes me smile.
Before letting my kids cycle on the road I researched road safety. I found a few statistics that showed drivers were more aggressive to female cyclists. We wear high vis and have lights on for every journey however bright the day. Drivers are generally very careful around my kids but I have been hit by 2 buses a car and a cab. So when drivers say Sorry, I didn't see you, that is not true.
Wishing you all well, stay safe, happy cycling 🚴
An accident record like that and you're still smiling? <doffs both cap and helmet> :notworthy:

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Top Bottom