Helmet advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Currently I have a helmet (Trek Interval), but it's not very comfy and just looks like it sits on top of my head. Could anyone recommend a helmet which wont be bulky for a smaller head? I was originally looking at the Las Squalo.

Thanks

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Currently I have a helmet (Trek Interval), but it's not very comfy and just looks like it sits on top of my head. Could anyone recommend a helmet which wont be bulky for a smaller head? I was originally looking at the Las Squalo.

Thanks

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
best thing to do is go and try some on and get someone to take photos of you either with a digital camera or mobile phone. Thats what I did as some do look like the are bulky and sitting on top of your head while others that look very similar, fit much better. Having a smaller head I would also say get a size specific one (eg 51-54cm, Small) rather than a universal sized one (eg 54-61cm) as they have more chance of looking too big on you even if they fit.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
best thing to do is go and try some on and get someone to take photos of you either with a digital camera or mobile phone. Thats what I did as some do look like the are bulky and sitting on top of your head while others that look very similar, fit much better. Having a smaller head I would also say get a size specific one (eg 51-54cm, Small) rather than a universal sized one (eg 54-61cm) as they have more chance of looking too big on you even if they fit.

speedo

Try a Specialized Max XXL - ITS COMPACT AND FITS LIKE A GLOVE

It is a universal size model,but it is easy to adjust togive the perfect fit.

Also reasonably priced

I purchased one about 2 months ago

speedo

It is a universal size model,but it is easy to adjust togive the perfect fit.

Also reasonably priced

I purchased one about 2 months ago

Dan B

Disengaged member
speedo said:
That's all very well, but what about those of us who don't have a head that LOOKS LIKE A HAND?

Dan B

Disengaged member
speedo said:
That's all very well, but what about those of us who don't have a head that LOOKS LIKE A HAND?

Although a US website, the BHSI gives advice on helmets for small heads that may be useful

Top Bottom