Helmet Cam Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its a long way off but I might drop a few hints to getting a helmet cam for Christmas (although I'd probably fit it on the bars) and I just wondered what options should I be considering and what are the Pro & Cons of each, as far as I can see the options are:

POV1 (Wired and expensive),
Dog Cam (wired needs an external recorder)
ATK3000 (Cheap but large)
ATK5000 (Cheapish but large)
Fly CamOne2 (needs a waterproof case, how robust is it how would I attach it securely)

And is there any other I'm missing.

Thanks

Tynan

Veteran
i think you also ned to consider run time, record time, whether it can loop footage, and ease and options for mounting the camera

never mind quality of footage, field of view, clarity and peformace in low/no light

suspect you get what you pay for, plannng to go pov fairly soon on the grounds it's the best of the above

snowfruit

I only have handson experience of the dogcam with an Archos 405 recorder. Not the cheapest (although I got some really good bargains on ebay) but after comparing video quality online of the various option, I think the quality of the dogcam was far better than the all in one camera/recorders. Obviously the POV is better again, but also far more expensive.

Top Bottom