Helmet cam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rnscotch

Veteran
Ok i am a total newb when it comes to this so i have whittled my options down to two..

Archos 405 with a separate camera attached or should i go for the ATC3k which does not require a recording device as they record onto an SD card.

Experiences and/or comments please.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I have no experiance of casms at all, Why do you want one?

peanut

I bought a wireless DVR that uses a SD card .
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120287233423

You can set record to motion detect or continuous and it automatically continues to over-record when the card is full. Its easy to upload to your PC to view the video or still images and SD cards are so cheap I keep several to swop out for each use.
You can also plug it into any tv and view instantly

Its very small and light and can slip into a small pocket but you will need a battery pack to run it on a bike. The ebay sellers are very helpful and you can get phone advice and help with other products like suitable cameras. I believe they sell a hardwire version so you can wire your helmet camera into the DVR instead of wireless.

The only downside is you can't playback instantly unless you can plug it into a portable mini 5" tv but thats a lot to carry around with you and frankly why would you want to watch where you are cycling while you are cycling ;)

edit Just checked out the ATCK3 it looks like it is basically the same thing but includes a camera all built into a waterproof housing . Much better option I reckon

OP
OP
rnscotch

rnscotch

Veteran
Two reasons 1) For when i am off roading so i can capture the ride 2) Safety... a few weeks back i had a serious run in with a black cab if it was not for witnesses he would not have got collared.

What i should have also asked is how good are these cams at night and with low light?

OP
OP
rnscotch

rnscotch

Veteran
Never realised there was a helmet cam section on the board, can a mod move this for me please :becool:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Sounds like the movie may have required "Gore rating" Dom! :ohmy:

Jake

which day is that program on? Is Mag' being interviewed again? not read much about the new atc5k, not sure what use the display will have, appart from running down batteries even faster. You can prob turn it off though. Hope the sound is better on it and the low light recording is improved. Good camera for the price, but would say if you got the cash, get something better

Top Bottom