Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Some would say it won't make any difference.

Lanzecki

Über Member
Post that in helmet and headphones discussion.

Then run away :smile:

But yes, kinda pointless. Like the guy I occasionally cycle with who takes his helmet off mid cycle to have a scratch of his head, then cannot do the straps up. The first time I saw him cycling no handed with helmet in one hand having a good scratch with people cycling 2 feet from him.. Well it was a disaster waiting to happen.

StuartG

slower but further
Always fascinated by cyclists who wear helmets but no gloves.
Protection that is unlikely to be needed and not much help if it is plays protection that is very likely to be needed and usually does a good job.

Mile195

Veteran
The question of whether or not they help in an accident is the million dollar question indeed, straps or no straps. But if nothing else, mine helps keep the sun out of my eyes in the summer, and my head slightly warmer in the winter. So if even if that's the only proven basis for wearing one... I'll stick with it regardless!

broadway

Veteran
In Bury St Edmunds I saw a bike mounted policeman (or pco) go into a shop. He left the bike unlocked while he was in there, came out perched helmet on head then rode off.:laugh:

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
It always amuses me to see cyclists in winter perching a helmet on top of a woolly hat, not covering their head at all!

Licramite

Über Member
worse , like going to war and thinking your guns loaded, when it aint.

but some of the guys I new, bullets were just useless weight , they would have been more lethal (and were) just beating you to death with a rifle.than trying to shoot you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom