Helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
This also reminds me of a story about another one of my neighbours (not the wee boy under the apple tree).

Alex, the guy who lived a couple of doors up, decided to paint the wood above a dormer window in his roof.

One of my other neighbours and I looked up the street that day to see Alex, age 85, dressed in shirt and tie and wearing leather shoes, climbing out of his dormer window , with a paintbrush and pot of paint in hand. He worked his way along the 45 degree sloping roof, and got ready to paint.

"Are you OK there, Alex", we shouted, "Do you want us to bring a big ladder?"

"I'm perfectly fine", he shouted.
Then "Don't worry about me, I've got a safety harness".

When we arrived with the big ladder and got him down, we discovered that the "safety harness" was a length of clothes rope tied round his waist, and the other end tied onto the bed. If he'd fallen, it'd have cut him in half.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
No No No. Haven't you the read the falling off ladders test results or what happens when a ladder is in collision with a car?
Yebbut, what about the test results when the ladder is in collusion with the car?

Tenkaykev

Guru
Many years ago I entered a cross country race which started at Coombe Gibbet. When I arrived at the start I discovered that it was a popular launch point for hang glider enthusiasts. I looked up and saw that they were all wearing helmets 🤔

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Update:

Saw my neighbour for the first time the other day riding his bike.

He wasn't wearing a helmet.

ianbarton

Veteran
Many years ago I entered a cross country race which started at Coombe Gibbet. When I arrived at the start I discovered that it was a popular launch point for hang glider enthusiasts. I looked up and saw that they were all wearing helmets 🤔
Also many years ago a friend of mine was into whatever you call paragliding with a parachute. Shortly after take off his chute collapsed and the impact of hitting the ground tilted his head back. The rim of his helmet broke a bone in his neck. Luckily he made a good recovery.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My neighbour is currently up a ladder painting the outside of his house. He is wearing a bike helmet. I am baffled.

Why are you baffled? Seems perfectly sensible to me

Landsurfer

Veteran
4 years ago we where on holiday in Cuba.
There was a party of Germans that went hillwalking every other day, guided trips.
All of them wore cycle helmets on their trips ...
In case they tripped or stumbled ?
Weird.

Top Bottom