helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leyburnrunner

anyone recommenda good fitting helmet for around the £40 mark?
also, why are so many road helmets in dark colours(black seems popular) ? finding a white one or something that will stand out on the road is proving tricky.
thanks.

mr Mag00

rising member
strap a light to it, colour is irrelevant in the dark. go into halfords and try them on or your lbs.

1. Make sure it fits and is secure
2. Make sure it is comfortable
3. Make sure it is Snell certified

Then think about colour

Dan B

Disengaged member
Heads are different shapes, so recommending a helmet on the internet is pretty tricky. Go into a bike shop, try on lids of several different makes

A local bike shop stocks them. I did go and try one of the jackets on with a view to buying but it was quite a poor fit on me, body fit was fine but arms 3-4" short for me.

I seem to dimly recall reading the gear was originally made by one of the big manufacturers (Altura) but I could very well be wrong on that. However I do have an Altura jacket I bought mail order in a sale and the fit seems the same,so there may be some truth to it. I've also tried an Altura Nightvision jacket and fit was the same on that too. I bought an Endura Illumiite eventually as it the sleeves were longer and fit was a lot better on me.

Follow Cunobelins advice if you can and try them on first. Theres a stockists list on the website

Top Bottom