Help for to make new bike lock

can anyone help me to make innovative and protective bike lock?

• electric locks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ideas with instructions

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pavi9

hey people,
I am doing my final year project about bike lock and I need to show my prototype next week but I don't have much ideas about it and I am kind of stuck with it... can anyone help me to make innovative and protective lock?

classic33

Leg End Member
Leave out the electical side and work on the mechanical aspects. Electrical would mean another battery to bother about and what would happen if the battery were to run flat whilst in use?
Would the lock stay locked or would it open?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
you're up against it really, locks are what they are and the good ideas on shape and current materials have been done. smaller ones, ones with integrated cables, ones with alarms, really not sure what you'll innovate. the only thing that I can't recall seeing is one that fires a dye over the thief, cash in transit security box type thing that ruins the money and doesn't readily come off a person, but you'd need it to be sure not to go off on some poor innocent parking their bike a bit roughly next door and you'd need it so it'd come off the bike without leaving a trace whilst sticking all over the thief, until you blind them with powder or get one with skin allergies and you kill them invadvertantly.

OP
OP
pavi9

pavi9

Leave out the electical side and work on the mechanical aspects. Electrical would mean another battery to bother about and what would happen if the battery were to run flat whilst in use?
Would the lock stay locked or would it open?
hey, okey if I want to do in mechanical aspects, What kind of lock can I do? already there are plenty of lock available in mechanical forms like different forms of D-locks, chain lock. if i want to make something in mechanical aspect I need to beat the exciting locks.. any ideas for me?

OP
OP
pavi9

pavi9

What's your brief? What problem are you trying to solve?
Hey Winjim, My brief is that I need to make some kind of security system that protect the bike from the thief however its need to be light weight, one object for whole bike and very protective and need to beat the existing locks in the market..:sad: any ideas?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Hey Winjim, My brief is that I need to make some kind of security system that protect the bike from the thief however its need to be light weight, one object for whole bike and very protective and need to beat the existing locks in the market..:sad: any ideas?
What locks are already on the market and how do they meet / fail those criteria?

Top Bottom