Help! IT situation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
My computer and printer are not talking to each other. I'm trying to print a voucher, but when I press print nothing happens. Printer is switched on, cable is plugged in (I've tried two different cables in all the USB ports).

OH had same problem last week, it then suddenly worked, but he doesn't know what it did. And yes, I have tried switching it off and back on again.

Help me before I start swearing. Please.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
uninstall and reinstall the printer software?

martint235

Dog on a bike
My computer and printer are not talking to each other. I'm trying to print a voucher, but when I press print nothing happens. Printer is switched on, cable is plugged in (I've tried two different cables in all the USB ports).

OH had same problem last week, it then suddenly worked, but he doesn't know what it did. And yes, I have tried switching it off and back on again.

Help me before I start swearing. Please.
Check that under print options in whatever document you're trying to print, it actually lists the printer as default. Sometimes PCs get it into their heads to try to print to documents or other weird things.

Check also you don't have a stuck document in the printer queue. Click on the printer symbol which appears when you print and examine it. If it's empty, cool, if not, highlight what you see and hit delete.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I have worked out that the printer likes to be turned on first. If I turn the computer on first the printer refuses to play.

FFS!

I would uninstall and reinstall printer if this is a new problem.

Top Bottom