Help me decide what to spend xmas money on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What would be more useful?

Heart is saying ooh shiny edge 200 gadget but the only rides i will be doing with it are club runs and sign posted sportives.

Head says turbo as i can do intervals on it and improve my fitness but i also commute and i can add sprints etc into that

Common sense says stock up on new cassette/chains etc as with baby due any week and the wife now not working money is going to be tight.

stu1903

Über Member
Go for the Turbo. I've just bought the Tacx Satori Pro from Decathlon. Deal finished boxing day tho.

I've signed up for my first ever sportive, the Scottish Bike Show Sportive in April and since I signed up we've had storms, snow and ice so I gave in and purchased the turbo trainer. Very happy with it. Doesn't beat actually being out on the road but it still allows me to train when the elements don't allow the Carbon Road bike out to play.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Go for stock of replacement chain and throw in some nice swis-stop brake pads for good measure. Yes the turbo trainer will be nice to have but cycling outside is still "free" and I guarantee your chain will wear or something break just at the point where you can't spare the cash.

Edge705

205 you'll use all year round you wont go anywhere on your bike without it - it doesnt need sensors on wheels to record your mileage and it dont care which bike its attached to - Its your personal training companion - IMHO a no brainer

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Go for stock of replacement chain and throw in some nice swis-stop brake pads for good measure. Yes the turbo trainer will be nice to have but cycling outside is still "free" and I guarantee your chain will wear or something break just at the point where you can't spare the cash.
Thanks paul G for helping me see sense.......

Decided to go for new cassette + chain`s for my commuter + boardman + new panniers as mine decided to break the day before x mas, will look at some new tyres as well.
I know some people think x mas is for goodies but i have come to regard cycling as my "me time " so keeping myself on the road is more important than shiny gadgets and my phone has google maps if i get completely lost , and i can always extend my commute and add hill intervals .

Top Bottom