help new to cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shenez

ive been around to different bike shops to get advice has anyone heard of the make buttermere? and is alloy frame the same as aluminue and better then steel? im looking to buy a hybrid bike but not sure if the make of the bike is something i should be bothered about if its just for communiting and leisure use?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi Shenez, Welcome.

Never heard of the brand "Buttermere". Any further info. or link to a website/shop?

All metal framed bikes are made of some sort of alloy whether Steel or Aluminium, in this case I think the term "Alloy" generally denotes Aluminium.
The frame meterial may or may-not matter, it depends on the bike and how it's put-together.
Maybe we can help. What's the budget for your hybrid? What kind of usage do you have in mind, road/trail, all year-round, carrying stuff? etc.
You don't have to spend a fortune to get a decent bike, but it does help knowing where to look!

OP
OP
S

shenez

hi thanks for your help- ok well i dont know where to start then bike shop i went into is in east london there websitre is www.cycleking .co.uk the has been ruduced to £199 there is also a ridgback that i have seen on the evens cycle website for £179 think its called ridgeback speed womens 2007 which i think looks ok! budget wise i would like to try and keep it low as im not sure how much im going to use it, i would like to use it for general use and commuiting and carrying light stuff onit-also lesiure rides. I was told i could get a decent hydride for about £200 but finding it hard to understand what is the best one for me! Help

Top Bottom