Help wanted on Brox disc brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I need to replace both pairs of brake shoes/pads on the disc brakes on my Brox. As far as I'm aware its all standard fittings. As bought from the man himself.

Does anyone know where replacements can be purchased? And are you willing to let me know where?

The brake shoes and the brake pads will be unique to the model of brake.

For instance the Hope hydraulic brakes have about a dozen different shapes and sizes.

Avid are the same:
Avid BB7

E38B7EEEB8DF4D768C5546C19A10E9A2.jpg

Avid BB5
412HQtamsFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What you need to do is identify the make and model. Once that is done then most bike shops will have pads for the common makes and you can order most others on line.

Even if this is not possible as the pads have been withdrawn, then the good news is that the fitting on to a bike is more standard and there is no issue in replacing the whole system.

New hydraulic brakes tend to come in standard lengths, and cutting involves bleeding which is easy enough but messy and difficult the first time. Cable brakes like the Avid BB7 are easier to set for unusual length

Edited....

Of course the early Brox were very individual and used a lot of custom parts. There are a couple of owners on YACF who may be able to advise if you get stuck

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks for the help. Replacement pads will be ordered this week.

Interesting link. Worthy of more than the one visit.

Top Bottom