Help with Strava route planner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

j20nyh

Ok so i've started using Strava's route planner on the computer to plan some new routes and would like to be able to follow these with step-by-step navigation whilst riding. However, for reasons unknown I can't seem to access the routes within the iPhone app.

I'm able to see the route i've created under 'more...' and then 'routes' within the app, but when I tap on 'use route' all I get is the orange Strava loading screen and nothing happens. :sad:

Has anyone experienced the same problem or know a fix?

Out of curiosity, will Strava provide the step-by-step navigation for the route i've crated and if not what's the best iPhone app to load the .tcx/.gpx files in to?

Use rwgps and export as a course tcx, not sure how it works on an iphones, but provides turn by turn on any gps unit I have used them on edge 500 and 705, you need to edit them further for virtual partner garmins, I use tcx converter for this.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I can't help with the step by step bit but I have to say that I find stravas route planning awful even though I love everything else about the app, I use mapmyride to route plan which I believe you can then export as with Nigelnaturists suggestion. So, don't know if that helps at all but if you can use something other than stravas route planning I would, I'll say it again, it's garbage.

OP
OP
j20nyh

j20nyh

I thought the Strava route planning was ok, I've not used any alternatives so I can't compare but did try to plan a route solely through an iPhone app I downloaded which was awful.

That said, the Strava route planning is not of much use if I can't use it within their app. I can however export a .gpx or a .tcx file which i can open with an app i've downloaded called 'Co-Rider' which seems like it might do the trick.

Anyone else doing a similar thing?

Top Bottom