help with tag along bike fittings please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

Hi,
i have been given a second hand tag along bike for my young son.

It fits to the seat post then has an swing joint about an inch behind this and then the tag along bike attaches with a substantial bolt.

i Have put it on but its mighty unstable and leans quite a bit. Should the bit that connects to the seat post be tightly connected? It isnt currently and swings freely around it, this seem to allow the leaning. Is this right?

Hope i've explained it properly, i will try and post a photo to make it clearer.

Thanks Andy

Bigtwin

I have two of these with 4 couplings between them.

They are all pretty tight - tight enough that if you don't have a dab of grease on them, they are hard to get fastened.

There is very little lean on the Tag.

However, the taughness of the set-up is down to the fit of the connecting bolts at the saddle end to a degree, and it may be that there is some wear there - easily and cheaply solved if so.

Also, the older connection systems don't have the "cube in the pipe" connection at the end, but have a looser system.

OP
OP
andyfromotley

andyfromotley

Thanks manged to get hold of the guy who gave it to me and he confirmed that the fitting should be 'clamped' tight to the seatpost. my seatpost is to thin. i'll find something to pack it out with.

ta andy

Bigtwin

andyfromotley said:
Thanks manged to get hold of the guy who gave it to me and he confirmed that the fitting should be 'clamped' tight to the seatpost. my seatpost is to thin. i'll find something to pack it out with.

ta andy

When supplied, they come with a variety of those while corrugated "collars" that go inside the clamp. Tell me what size your post is and I'll see if I have a spare - if so you can have it as I'm not going to use it.

Top Bottom