Hemingway Designs Roadrunner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I picked up this folding bike the other day for very little. It was designed and sold by Wayne Hemingway. It was intended to be sold or given to new house buyers by the building company. Probably about 10 years old.

14212147_10208895963049767_3165912383886700185_n.jpg

Nibor

Bewildered
nice

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Certainly doesn't look like the sort of thing Wayne Hemmingway would put his name to especially with the roadrunner decal! Is his name on the bike somewhere. I'm guessing it's steel. Still, can't be bad for fifty quid. How does it ride?

OP
OP
Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I once got a similar looking thing from a charity shop for £25. It had 12 inch wheels I think and kept trying to fold itself up while riding along. Dahon name on it but cannot remember the model name. Dreadful thing but took up little space and was adequate for the half mile between my workshop and shop. Any further would have been a disaster.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Not his design. A classic case of a celeb rebranding a fundamentally sh!t product in an effort to imbue it with some kudos. Shameful actually.

That does not come across in the article. Where are you getting your information from.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
It looks fairly generic early Dahon shape or like a cheap Chinese copy of a Raleigh Shopper. Not to doubt any authenticity or knock it as a design classic of the future but I'm minded more to a milder version of Mickle's opinion of how much design input WH had into it.

good luck moving it on tho :smile:

That does not come across in the article. Where are you getting your information from.

Observation. I've seen his bikes, including this model. His 'design input' amounts to no more than deciding what colour the paint and the pattern printed on the saddle, which probably matches the pattern on the crappy little panniers and the chain case. I liked Red or Dead and Hemmingway right up to the point he launched his bikes. I found them very disappointing.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I know you Didnt but wouldn't that point towards him taking an off the shelf Chinese product and rebranding it as Mickle suggested?

Anyway it's not worth worrying about.

Top Bottom