Here I Am!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hello everyone!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Safely back in the country after a flipping wonderful trip. Utterly brilliant from start to finish. Amazing, fabulous, stonking couple of weeks!!!!

I'll do the long version of the journal over the next couple of weeks and there's a week by week summary on our CrazyGuy journal but it was just brilliant. At present it's lovely to be home but I suspect I'll come crashing down to earth very soon.

Briefly though...1187 miles. No knee or leg pain apart from the normal ache of knees that spent the day cycling through hills. No punctures for either of us. Ironside, Richard's bike needed ball bearings replaced. Liesl had some kind of bottom bracket moment on one day but Richard somehow managed to fix her. The highlight for both of us was climbing the Col du Rousset which was just utterly brilliant, but there were loads and loads of other highlights as well. The weather generally was very good, we only got properly rained on three times. France was gorgeous, what a wonderful country to cycle in. Switzerland was breathtakingly beautiful but merciless on the legs. Austria was beautiful if a bit overcast.

What on Earth do I do with myself now? And what have I missed in cyclechat gossip? Nice to be back.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Welcome home! I look forward to reading the unabridged version suffused with lyrical prose and pics.
Same old, same old on CC!

yoyo

WElcome home! I have enjoyed reading your report in Crazyguyonabike. I know the area of Switzerland you were in and we can't wait to go back next year. Am still working on the other half to go touring!

longers

Legendary Member
Sounds good Cathryn ;).

Top Bottom