Here it is . . . Lidl's spring offers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
TheDoctor said:
+1 for the shoes. The SPD pedals they had were good too.

+2 for the shoes, -1 for the pedals. the adjustment screw was hidden behind the rear reflector, forcing me to choose between better adjustment by smashing the thing off, or keeping the reflector and putting up with the inconvenience.

the pedals went on the pub bike and i'll stick with look on the others.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
alecstilleyedye said:
+2 for the shoes, -1 for the pedals. the adjustment screw was hidden behind the rear reflector, forcing me to choose between better adjustment by smashing the thing off, or keeping the reflector and putting up with the inconvenience.

the pedals went on the pub bike and i'll stick with look on the others.

I just took the reflector off, tweaked and then put it back on.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
My fingerless Lidl gloves have lasted two years. Very good quality, as are the shorts and tops. Mind you, this year's tops don't look as good as previous ones.

NickM

Veteran
Good for Mrs ao! I hope she will keep up the stand against mindless consumerism regardless of the cost to the planet and to exploited workers!

Although I suppose buying stuff for cycling is probably all right as long as you make good use of it...

hubgearfreak

Über Member
andyoxon said:
mrs ao quite often takes a 'that's too cheap, someone is 'paying' somewhere' stance. Does anyone know where Lidl's stuff is manufactured and under what circumstances...?

i don't know.

but if you think of all the things lidls stocks throughout the year, you'd need a shop the size of B&Q, or a large john lewis. by having a limited range each week that sells out quick must be a good business practice with huge savings in rent, rates and capital tied up in stock. some of these savings, they pass on to us is my guess.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm going for the shoes too although in my experience the money you save you lose in time at the till queing with a load of 'tut'ing wierdos. It is The Old Kent Rd after all!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've just heard that aldi's spring cycling bunfight is due to kick off early doors in may. last year's stuff was pretty decent, so expect more of the same with a few new items chucked in.

alecstilleyedye said:
i've just heard that aldi's spring cycling bunfight is due to kick off early doors in may.

I can't go to Aldi again. I already look like a walking Aldi mannequin. I bought loads 'cause I had nothing left, expecting to replace it slowly as it wore out. The bloody stuff is showing absolutely no sign of wearing out ;)

Might get some shoes from Lidl though, so that's +3.

bobg

Über Member
For those who can't get ther first thing on the 10th, try late 9th! I mention it cos I arrived at the front door of Lidl a few weeks ago on the day of the "sale "and the stuff that I wanted was all gone. Checked with a shelf stacker and he said that the stock comes in on the previous day and they often put them out for sale by 4/5pm of that day....;)

bobg said:
For those who can't get ther first thing on the 10th, try late 9th!

thanks bobg, i took your advice and went about 3pm this afternoon. all the bike stuff was out and i managed to come back with shoes, shorts and gloves. in fact i was so chuffed with the shoes after trying them on in the store that i bought two pairs, which was lucky cos they were the last two pairs of the blue size 8's!

nice one! :biggrin:

bobg

Über Member
trustysteed said:
thanks bobg, i took your advice and went about 3pm this afternoon. all the bike stuff was out and i managed to come back with shoes, shorts and gloves. in fact i was so chuffed with the shoes after trying them on in the store that i bought two pairs, which was lucky cos they were the last two pairs of the blue size 8's!

nice one! :biggrin:

Cheers Trusty - I'm glad it worked for you! I've not been able to make it today ...Do'h I'll probably be all gone by tomorrow:sad:

Top Bottom