Hernia..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Do you feel ill randomly? Is there allways a lump?

Somebody who has had a hernia able to tell me what it felt like/ how you felt?

Im going to get checked out monday....no big lump though so fingers crossed it is down to me being a wimp

Bodhbh

Guru
montage said:
Do you feel ill randomly? Is there allways a lump?

Somebody who has had a hernia able to tell me what it felt like/ how you felt?

Im going to get checked out monday....no big lump though so fingers crossed it is down to me being a wimp
I had my first one 10 odd years ago, and it came back on the same side last year (which is why I took up cycling to get some exercise without stressing it, so every cloud..)

It takes while for a lump to become apperent. How long I think is a matter of luck and how much you stress it. First I remember being away of it, was a knotted-up feeling the right side of the groin - best I can describe, is like someone stuffed a rolled up sock somewhere down there and sewn it in. Most of the time it's not painful but it's an uncomfortable feelign something that is not right or where it should be down there.

My description might be a bit wishy-washy, but I knew immdediately what it was when it came back last year. It really only plays up on the bike when I'm really hammering it, long distances rides at moderate pace are not a problem, but it is annoying. In the queue for an op now, hopefull gettign sorted in October, once summer out the way.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
When doing dead lift I have had a reeally reeeeeeeally hot burning pain in hernia territory...maybe the size of a 1 penny coin to the left and down of the belly button. Also been nausious (spelling ;) ) on and off..

Hope you hernia gets sorted...cheers for the description. Doesn't sound much like my pain which is promising news for me ...(but rubbish for you and your hernia)

Thanks

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Get it checked out and sorted. I had bilateral hernias which for various reasons had to wait to be repaired until I had recovered from heart surgery - ended up being unable to walk more than a few feet without a truss (yes - they are still used!). Very painful indeed, and potentially dangerous (see 'strangulated hernia'). As I remember the first indication was pain in the area when walking after a heavy meal - I thought it was indigestion, but it went away to some extent on sitting, and then a definite lump was obvious, which became quite mobile eventually as the tear became larger allowing it to drop through - and be pushed back! Too much information perhaps, but all is fine now - it was a hell of a relief to get them fixed. In my case too, cycling was just about the only comfortable exercise I could do. Good luck!

Downward

Guru
What happenend on this ?

Only asking as I have had pain in my groin since august. Although it doesn't hurt cycling or walking it is painful lying down and stretching.
I have a Hospital appointment in 2 weeks

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
montage said:
ignored it an it has gone away :S

Hernias don't repair themselves, they just get worse ...... good luck with the appointment, Downward, best get it sorted, whatever it is.

Downward

Guru
youngoldbloke said:
Hernias don't repair themselves, they just get worse ...... good luck with the appointment, Downward, best get it sorted, whatever it is.

Yep the pain is shooting upto my intestines so somethings up

postman

Legendary Member
Don't worry about the Op i stayed awake for mine and talked to the Doctor .All will be well .