Hi All

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The name is steve, generally located in fenland.
Cycled a lot between the ages of 16-21, until i got a car and that was that.
(Even had a go at 10 mile time trialling, 28.30 was my best time back in 1986 i believe).

18 years later, asthma getting worse so doctor says take up regular exercise, etc.

2 years later, i can hold my breath for 90 seconds, cycle 30 miles in 1hour 25mins on a mountain
bike and am generally getting fitter.

I try to ride my regular 30 mile route every other evening, even in winter!

Bikes are:
2010 trek1.2a ... more of a "touring bike" although i've recently lowered the bars.

Coyote everglades ... cheap and cheerful hybrid bike, outfitted with lights and mudguards, used
when the weather is too dirty for the trek. Recently retro fitted with drop bars.

Raleigh AT30 ... cheap and cheerful mountain bike, outfitted with lights and mudguards, used
for various long distance off-roading rides, plus forest and mountain work.

Did i say i cycled up snowdon a few months ago.
(Or should i say pushed, carried and cycled :whistle:).

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Ah Wisbekistani cycleest Velcome!

I very rarely go into wisbekistani unless i'm wearing decent body armour ... such as a big car!!
I'm lucky really, i can turn left out my drive and be in the fenland plains within 3 minutes. :laugh:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Hello Steve, - do you mind me asking how the retro-fitting of drop bars went ? Was it hard to find the parts, expensive, or irksome ? Happy riding - your Coyote looks great !

Yes, welcome. I enjoyed reading your post. 30 miles in 1hr 25mins on a mountain bike is good going.

eek2.gif

Didn't notice that! Not something I could do. He must be writing under an alias, probably a pro racer who is pretending to be over weight.

Attachments

• eek2.gif
    eek2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 22
eek2.gif

Didn't notice that! Not something I could do. He must be writing under an alias, probably a pro racer who is pretending to be over weight.

Whooaa!!! Sorry chaps ... that was a typo!!!
It should read 20 miles in 1h 25 mins. :blush:

Someone asked about my hybrid to drop bars conversion?
Here's the "before" picture (i paid £270 from rutland cycles for this in a "build it yourself" kit) and used it as a commuting
bike for a few months ... intending to convert to a "winter use" road bike.
IMG_8780.jpg

Here's the "after" picture, adding around £130 worth of parts (excluding 4 lights, garmin edge, urine container :whistle: ):
20120114005.jpg

Fairly straight forward conversion, although i had to cut the handlebar stem down a bit and remove spacers to get the
drop bars to the height i'm happy with.
If i park this cycle beside my trek 1.2a (itself classed as an entry level road bike) all the component heights are identical, exept
the trek has a slightly more upright handlebar stem.

Probably not that cost-efficient doing it this way as i've seen ready to go road bikes up for £400, although the straight
bars/gears/brakes from this one went to another cycle i'm rebuilding.

I will be fitting a carrier and panniers on this one for the summer (planning to go camping on it).

12kg's in weight, vs the 10kgs of my trek.

Attachments

• eek2.gif
    eek2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8780.jpg
    IMG_8780.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20120114005.jpg
    20120114005.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom