Hi everybody joined cyclechat to hopefully meet people in and around Scotland riding recumbent trikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, another triker here up in the north east about 150 miles north of you as the crow flies. Rarely see any other ‘bents up here, those that I do all seem to be passing through.

OP
OP
Tongsheng

Tongsheng

Tongsheng
Hi, yes your right,there doesnt seem to be many up here. Maybe it's too hot and people cant be doing with the sweaty backs when putting the power down on trikes. I dont really understand why more people dont own them. I will never go back to an upright. Saying that I wasnt much into them anyway as I broke my back and have many bits of surgical steel in my legs and wrists making bikes very uncomfortable after a while. I cant even ride motorbikes any distance without paying for it later Still all behind me now. Loving the trikes and I will have to accept the fact I'm getting on a bit now. I spent six hours on my trike today with no I'll affects at all. For the first time in my life I'm jealous of the Americans. Their cycle trails put our B roads to shame. Somebody told me that the cycle route to Inverness is a lot of old A9 and is a good route for trikes. I'm going to check it out anyway . Any advice or recommendations for Scottish N C routes would be appreciated. Anyway glad to have met a Scottish striker and hope to bump into you one day. Not literally of course. John

Hi everybody. My name is John and I have been riding a Kmx Cobra since September to which I installed a Tongsheng mid drive motor, although hardly middrive on a trike. Then I bought a new Kmx Koyote which I am doing up for the summer. I dont see a lot of trike riders in Scotland. In fact I have only seen two trikes in the flesh in my life and I own both of them. ...

Hi, John - Another John writing here - the third generation of the name, after my grandfather and father born in Caithness, now living in Canada. I've been riding a Catrike 559 these past two years, with a 350W Bafang mid-drive and Rohloff 14-speed rear hub. I love this rig, have done some touring and camping here, and I'd like to ship it for a long tour in 2022 in Scotland, Ireland and the Continent. But the shipping costs are so high, and the likelihood of long-term rental of an equivalent trike so low, that I'm interested in possibly buying a trike in the UK for my tour, and either selling it after, or putting it into storage, for me to pick up the tour again the following year.
That's my story, and I am interested to make acquaintance with riders touring on trikes in Scotland. So, Hello! - John Mowat Steven

Top Bottom