Hi everyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DDE

Hi all,

New poster and fairly new to cycling as well. Have started commuting to and from work in London (eek). Here mainly for advice on purchasing a new bike and general tips to maximise my enjoyment and keep me from dying an untimely death!

Bryony

Veteran
:welcome: you'll get plenty of good advice on here!

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi all,

New poster and fairly new to cycling as well. Have started commuting to and from work in London (eek). Here mainly for advice on purchasing a new bike and general tips to maximise my enjoyment and keep me from dying an untimely death!
Re the death thing - have you read Cyclecraft? Highly recommended to increase confidence on the road and make you aware of the rules and regs.

Welcome and happy cycling!

Reactions: DDE
OP
OP
DDE

DDE

Re the death thing - have you read Cyclecraft? Highly recommended to increase confidence on the road and make you aware of the rules and regs.

Welcome and happy cycling!

Funny you should say that. Just 2 minutes ago I began reading The beginner’s guide to cycle commuting from this website!

Hopefully that will help me for now, but cheers for the additional tip.

Ganymede

Veteran
Funny you should say that. Just 2 minutes ago I began reading The beginner’s guide to cycle commuting from this website!

Hopefully that will help me for now, but cheers for the additional tip.
That's a really good thing to read - I was incredibly impressed when I read it. You're on the right lines already!

Dark46

Veteran
Hi and welch to the forum

Top Bottom